Tuesday, January 17, 2012

creation myth

Ever since I can remember my grandparents had a house up north. It started as a whole family house where all the cousins and aunts and uncles went. The original house was a small white house on top of a hill looking down on the big beautiful Mullet Lake. I was born a couple years before my grandparents built the big log home next door (this is the first house I ever remember being in). By the time I can remember my own memories my grandma and her two sisters who shared the white house all had there own homes in the town. All the cousins (my dad) started getting married and having kids and bringing their families up. I have millions of memories from that town, some are fun, some sad, some happy but all will be part of me forever. I love that place and I hope my kids will be able to enjoy our family stories and make memories of their own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment