Tuesday, January 31, 2012

descriptive scene


Many moms put their young daughters in ballet classes to meet friends, get a little exercise and because they know their little girls will look so cute on stage in the little pink tutu. I was one of those little girls the only difference, I fell absolutely in love with it. I started dancing when I was three years old doing the basic combo classes and as I got older I gradually added a couple classes. Most of my friends were on the competitive team but I only took recital classes. They always heckled me to join the team but I was content with what I was doing. My eighth grade year I was taking six classes and most the girls in my classes were competing but I didn't want to join because I didn't want to be overwhelmed going into high school the next year. Freshman year came around and I was dancing basically every class I could take without being part of the competitive team and loving it. A couple days before the auditions for my sophomore year season I was talking to one of my favorite moms at the studio and she convinced to just try out just for the experience. So three days later there I was auditioning for our company and I made the diamond team with all of my friends! That was exactly  where I wanted to be.. the only problem, I got hurt two months earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment